These online qualitative tools share some features with insight community platforms: live chat groups for real-time discussions; asynchronous discussion boards for longer term conversations with more participants; and features to help with projection or co-creation such as whiteboards, picture-books, video responses and scrapbooks.
- Together is a qualitative research and community platform that enables groups of participants to take part in individual tasks or a series of activities over several days or weeks. Specific features include a blog tool for digital diaries and journals using pictures, video and text; discussions for conversation between multiple participants; simple surveys including open-ended, single choice and multiple choice questions; ‘Ideastorm’ for co-creation or crowdsourcing ideas; a markup tool for ad and concept testing; and ‘Picturebook’ for posting images and creating galleries.
- Invoke LIVE is a solution for testing video content through ‘qualitative feedback at scale’. Dozens or hundreds of participants take part in 60-90 minute feedback sessions structured around streaming video content. Analytics are available online immediately following a session, and in-depth reports incorporating norms are delivered by the research consulting team.
- Vision Live provides a suite of tools for qualitative market research including online focus groups bulletin boards and communities. The V+ Online Focus Group tool enables moderators to interact with respondents via chat or full webcam/audio; show stimulus, annotate, and move objects on a whiteboard; send open-ended or closed questions; and upload and present video clips. The V+ Bulletin Board tool allows questions to be asked via video, requiring a webcam response, a whiteboard response or a text response. Any kind of stimulus can be presented – including video, audio, images, polls and interactive whiteboard tasks.
- Collabito is online qualitative research software that includes chat-based focus groups, blogs, diaries and bulletin boards. Online focus groups include chat-based rooms with roles for moderators, respondents, clients and observers. A whiteboard module can be used to present video or pictures. Respondent blogs can be used to capture written comments, pictures and video clips. A bulletin board module can also be used for asynchronous discussion.
- The Thinking Shed is qualitative research software with diary, feedback and forum features. The diary feature, ‘Close Up’, is a private area in which moderators and participants interact with one another through live chat or sharing images / videos. Tasks can also be schdeuled for specific times or sequences. The feedback feature is for testing area stimulus – concepts, product designs, packaging etc. Participants can annotate the stimulus and heatmaps of positive / negative feedback can be created. The forum feature is where participants see each other’s posts and interact with one another in discussions. It includes the option to post video, ‘masking’ (participants cannot see other posts until they have posted), and segmenting to target different forums at specific groups of participants.
- MRQual a tool for moderating asynchronous focus groups and managing communities or qualitative panels. It supports research in 20+ languages and can be custom branded. Key features include video and image uploads for both moderators and participants; various question types (open ended, closed single and closed multi response; breakout rooms for posting different questions to different groups of participants; exportable transcripts; and any number of client observers. Supported languages include Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish, Arabic, Chinese (simplified), Hindi, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Somali, Thai and Turkish. Professional services are also available to help with recruitment, discussion guide design and moderation.
- HatchTank is a research platform with 15 different qualitative and quantitative tools including open ended discussions, simple survey questions and interactive tasks such as collages, card and photo sorts. The tool is both browser based (desktop and mobile) with native iPhone and Android apps also available. Over 20 languages are supported with immediate Google translation. Professional services are also available for project management, discussion guide review, programming and participation tracking. Searches for fueltank redirect here.
- FeaturedWe are digital research experts who specialise in building engaging online communities of all shapes and sizes to generate powerful consumer insight. Our proprietary platform has been built by researchers and incling’s own in-house developers. We can set up new platforms in under 24 hours, securely hosted in over 20 languages, and all fully optimised for mobile with a customisable design. You can choose a self-service option, or we offer support every step of the way from set-up and recruitment, to translation, moderation and participant management. You’ll have unlimited access to a full range of tools, carefully designed to be intuitive and engaging, and we’re constantly innovating to take advantage of new technology. Here’s a brief overview of our most popular activities: Discussion: Detailed group or one-on-one text-based feedback in a blog, forum or debate style Screencast: Remote usability testing of websites and prototypes for experience optimisation, journey mapping and shopper tracking Diary: Record consumer experiences over a period of time in an ethnographic way including tracking attitudes & behaviours and observing usage & consumption Concept evaluation: Targeted feedback generating a sentiment heat map on any type of stimulus from adverts at any stage, to comms and product packaging Image & Video tasks: Bring consumers’ worlds to life with rich media uploads that create picture galleries and video clip reels to visually support your insights Poll: Quantify or add robustness to data with simple surveys, customer satisfaction feedback, ranking and ratings or attitudinal scales Once you’ve gathered your insight, our built-in analysis tools give you the ability to star and highlight comments, add tags and share notes. These are collated in an analysis dashboard where you can filter and sort your data before easily exporting. incling is ISO 27001 certified and GDPR compliant.