Text analytics platforms rely on Natural Language Processing (NLP) to make sense of unstructured data captured from a range of sources: verbatim comments in surveys, reviews posted in forums, posts in social media, comments transcribed in call centres etc. Key features include sentiment; categorisation or topic analysis; entity extraction (eg to identify brands); and visualisation - usually in an online dashboard. Text analytics capabilities are also built into some platforms in other categories (Social Listening, Surveys).
- Caplena is online text analysis software for coding open-end responses to surveys. The tool enables a researcher to code responses or categorise text using a streamlined interface. The intelligent assistant continually learns how to predict codes for responses based on previous examples, and improves its effectiveness over time.
- Relative Insight is a language analytics platform. Using NLP to conduct comparative analysis of two different text-based data sets (eg competing websites), it identifies significant similarities and differences in word choice, sentiment and grammar. It can be used to refine communication briefs; narrow the gap between consumer and brand language; or to enhance existing social listening, text anaytics and customer data platforms. The solution can be accessed on a software-only basis, or as a managed service.
- Luminoso is a CX analytics platform for identifying themes in any open-ended text data – support tickets, open-ended survey responses or reviews. Using artificial intelligence and natural language understanding, the platform automatically analyses feedback to discover hot topics, identify complaints and track trends over time.
- Scope AI is an NLP based analytics platform that analyses customer feedback from any channel (social, CRM, complaints, surveys, reviews); combines it with user and product data (through Segment, Mixpanel or other API feed); and identifies insights for product development or customer experience improvement.
- CodeIt is an automated support tool for coding any unstructured text. Designed by market research and coding professionals, the technology helps enhance coding productivity and quality using a blend of advanced artificial intelligence, machine learning and text analytics techniques. Applications include market research verbatim responses; customer reviews; voice of the customer comments; customer satisfaction comments; and customer complaints.
- Canvs analyses and categorizes “Emotional Reactions” in dialogue. The technology is embedded in a range of products with specific focus areas: TV (understanding audiences); Surveys (processing open-ended responses); Watch (focused on Facebook video); Campaigns (for analysing advertising and branded content campaigns); Movies (more audience insight, with predictive analytics tying emotional responses to box office sales forecasts); and Publishers (for analysing reader feedback. An API is also available for custom integrations.
- ipiphany applies text analytics to unstructured Customer Experience data (from social media, call transcripts, surveys, email, chat conversations and CRM). Analysis and dashboard features include a key drivers tool to understand movements in NPS, CSAT and Customer Effort scores; a relationships tool to find patterns connecting different topics; a trends tool to know why patterns have changed over time (e.g. “Why has my NPS declined?”); and a comparison tool for contrasting two or more sub-groups (teams, competitors, segments).
- Smartcoder provides automatic analysis of answers to open-ended survey questions. The tool performs topic analytics and automatically generates a list of categories (codes) and assigns appropriate codes to answers. The self-service platform involves 4 steps: uploading survey responses; automatic analysis; manual refinement; and download of results.